How a Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant can help you
The Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant is a state government initiative to help first home owners to get their new first home sooner. Depending on the date of your contract, you’ll get $15,000 or $20,000 towards buying or building your new house, unit or townhouse (valued at less than $750,000). You can even buy off the plan or choose to build yourself. It’s a great opportunity to buy or build a new home in our great state.
- If you’re thinking of buying or building a new home, this could be what gets you started.
- It could get you something more than you were expecting.
- It can get you into your first home sooner.
The $20,000 Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant is not available to contracts that replace previous contracts entered into before 1 July 2016. If your contract to purchase or build is signed between 1 July 2016 and 31 December 2017, you may be eligible to apply for the $20,000 grant.
To be eligible for the grant:
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is).
- You or your spouse must not have previously owned property in Australia.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be buying or building a brand new home, valued under $750,000.
For More Info Click on this link: https://firsthomeowners.initiatives.qld.gov.au/index.php